The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
Job SummaryThe Regulated Industries Commission is currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Manager, Human Resources and Administration.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager, Human Resources and Administration is accountable for providing a full range of Human Resource Management services and expertise to the Commission. These services will include but are not limited to the formulation, communication and implementation of all approved Human Resources Management policies and procedures. The position maintains overall responsibility for the Department. Additionally, the position is responsible for the supervision of certain administrative functions such as Front Desk Reception Services, Security Services, Facilities Management, Janitorial Services, Messenger/Driver Services, Hospitality Services as well as co-ordinating the purchasing of office supplies and stationary, supervising the preparation of purchase orders for the supply of goods and services and maintaining oversight of Payroll activities.
Nature & Scope
The Manager, Human Resources and Administration ensures that the functions of human resource planning, staffing and retention, management development, compensation and benefits, training, Industrial Relations, labour laws and compliance, performance management and employee welfare systems are appropriately managed and administered. The position also effects responsibility for other specified administrative functions that reside within the Human Resources and Administration Department.
- Maintains overall responsibility for the optimal functioning of all aspect of the Human Resources and Administration Department and supervises all positions and other services that report to it.
- Develops the strategic imperatives of the department in conjunction with the Executive Director and the Commission’s strategic plans.
- Develops and implement approved policies and procedures for the administration of Human Resource Management and Administrative Services.
- Advises on Industrial Relations matters, meets with external Legal Advisors and attends to Industrial Relations matters in the Industrial Court when necessary and carry out decisions as directed by the Commission.
- Analyzes industry compensation practices and establishes competitive rates designed to attract, retain and motivate employees, in line with approved planning and budgeting.
- Develops and administrates the Commission’s approved compensation plan.
- Administrates the RIC’s Pension Plan.
- Ensures awareness and enforcement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Analyses training needs and develops training plans for the Commission’s employees.
- Develops, implements and monitors employees performance management systems approved by the Commission.
- Conducts staff surveys to monitor employees level of satisfaction with the Commission.
- Advertises vacancies and assists the Board of Commissioners in the recruitment and selection of suitably qualified employees to fill vacant positions.
- Reviews when necessary and administers approved social schemes such as the Group Health and Life Insurance Plans.
- Facilitate Employee Assistance programme.
- Manages the administrative support services sections such as Facilities Management, Front Desk Reception Operations and Services, Messenger/Driver Services, Hospitality Services, Security Services, Janitorial Services and asset disposal.
- Reviews payroll activities for conformity to Human Resources Management requirements.
- Negotiates and renews service providers contracts that reside within Human Resources and Administrative Services Department and monitors contractors’ performance for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Acceptable Academic/Technical/Professional Qualifications
- Possession of Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resource Management. Post-Graduate qualifications in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration is also required.
Minimum Number of Years of Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years varied managerial experience at a senior level in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations and Business Administration.
Specific Skills/Experience and/or Knowledge
- Proven ability to develop and maintain systems in an organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan, organize and perform duties with minimum supervision
- Analytical and leadership skills
- Results oriented and ability to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and team player
- Ability to counsel and guide employees and Managers
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.