The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager I, Payroll
Job SummaryResponsible for the efficient running and administration of the organization’s payroll and expense accounts. Includes implementing and checking payroll and taxation changes on an on-going basis.
Manager I, Payroll directs and manages the daily operations of the payroll function and/or the federal multi-state and local payroll tax function.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from manager
- Generally domestic accountability
- Develops policies and procedures for the payroll process and timekeeping.
- Oversees the maintenance of earnings and deductions records.
- Ensures the generation of the company payroll, including vacation and sick leave accrual, overtime and withholding status.
- Meets all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions.
- Directs the preparation and filing of required reports and/or payments to government agencies, employees and other organizations.
- Serves as liaison with other departments in the resolution of payroll issues.
- Recommends & participates in projects enabling changes in methods and procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function.
- All other duties as assigned.