The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager – Industrial Relations and Staff Welfare (GMG/SEG 1)
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Manager – Industrial Relations and Staff Welfare (GMG/SEG 1).
Reporting to the Director, Human Resource Management & Industrial Relations, the position is responsible for:
- Developing and communicating, in conjunction with the Director HRM & IR, and subject to approved policies and procedures, appropriate industrial relations systems.
- Ensuring that all Collective Labour Agreements and IDT awards are adhered to
- Planning, organising and guiding the activities of the Personnel Staff within the Region, to ensure that objectives are achieved and efficiency is maintained in the areas of Industrial Relations.
- Monitoring of the organizational climate and implementing corrective as well as preventative actions geared at minimizing grievances and industrial disputes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- First Degree in Management/Public Administration or equivalent.
- Specialized training in Labour Management Relations.
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in Industrial Relations.
Required Skills & Specialized Techniques:
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills: inclusive of counseling, grievance handling, interviewing and coaching.
- Strong oral and written communication skills: inclusive of face to face, telephone public speaking and report writing.
- Sound skills in analysis, problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making.
- Well developed time management skills.
- PC operating skills (HRMIS and spreadsheet applications).
NB. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.