Reporting to the Director Information Technology, the Manager Infrastructure Operations will ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of a robust information technology infrastructure platform that can support the demands of the Treasury, in its thrust of modernization and automation. The incumbent is responsible for the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) function throughout the AGD. This includes Data Centre Operations (rack management, servers, storage, operating environment (A/C, power, lighting, networking & appliances), Data Centre applications (Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco PBX, and other messaging services), and network administration.
- Participates in the development, tracking, optimizing and enforcing of short-term and long-term information systems budgets for the Unit.
- Manages the day to day operations of the unit guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT infrastructure.
- Participates in product evaluations, product and service selections, to ensure that pricing, terms, and conditions for supplier contracts meet Treasury and IT standards while achieving optimal results.
- Manages the design, establishment, and maintenance of a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access.
- Conducts technical needs analysis for technology based infrastructure solutions to satisfy the requirements of the AGD, MOFPS and other MDAs.
- Ensures that the unit administers network activities and functions for the Treasury, uses information, software, hardware, policies, and procedures to plan, configure, operate, optimize, and troubleshoot networks and communication devices.
- Manages the deployment of new computer equipment and evaluates the risks associated with adopting new technologies and computer systems.
- Ensures that automated solutions are incorporated to enhance the efficiency of the operations of the AGD, in the provision of infrastructure platforms.
- Assesses and anticipates infrastructure requirements and recommends appropriate actions and resources.
- Provides infrastructure requirements for the development and implementation of a customer service platform for the AGD in every aspect by utilizing web enabled security controlled access portals, popular social media interfaces and mobile friendly applications/platforms.
- Participates to ensure that best prices are negotiated with vendors for replacement/new IT infrastructure solutions.
- Manages crisis situations, which may involve complex technical infrastructure problems.
- Monitors equipment logs using appropriate software to aid in the detection and resolution of technical problems.
- Prepares appropriate technical and end user documentation for the Unit and other stakeholders for new infrastructure delivered by the unit.
- Keeps current with emerging IT trends, and current dominant technologies.
- Ensures comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place during business continuity events (emphasizing but not limited to storage area networks and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures).
- Provides periodic reports as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution in Computer Science OR Information Technology OR equivalent;
- Incumbent must have technical expertise in IT Systems.
- Post graduate degree Computer Science OR Information Technology OR equivalent;
- Certification from a recognized IT certifying body.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Comprehensive and technical knowledge of IT Architecture, and Technology.
- Cutting edge knowledge of IT direct service delivery through online web enabled portals, use of popular social media and mobile platforms and interfaces.
- Knowledge of computer systems audit.
- Knowledge of the various related guiding Acts, Laws and Regulations. Proven experience in IT leadership, IT architecture development, organizational enhancement, technology enhancement, and vendor management.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in Data Centre Operations, telecommunications, network engineering, Data Centre Applications, client/server computing, and production operations support. Specific technologies of note including but not limited to Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Cisco Voice and Networking, VMware, POE Network Switches and Enterprise level SANs.
- At least 8 years’ experience, in a related technical IT position with at least 3 years in a managerial capacity.
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT.
- Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary nature of IT solutions.
- Ability to see the "big picture" across such areas as private and public hosted infrastructure and services, identity management, security, telecommunications, enterprise storage and big data opportunities, end user experience, and training/education.
- Functional understanding of project management principles and their application to Infrastructure projects and teams.
Remuneration within the salary range $2,056,235 - $2,444,217 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to security screening prior to being employed.