The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Marine Operations
Job SummaryResponsible for assigning marine vessels, crews, and underway times to meet scheduled tasks, emergent test, and logistical support as directed in the AUTEC weekly schedule of operations.
Will assure the vessel captain has received all pertinent information to successfully support operational commitments.
- Attend weekly scheduling meeting
- Attend schedule Pre Test briefings
- Assign vessels for operations
- Assign crews to vessels
- Update/monitor scheduling board relative to real time scheduling changes
- Interview/evaluate potential new hires
- Approve/monitor time off request for all department members
- Schedule/coordinate Harrison Wharf activities
- Coordinate/monitor base support visiting vessel movements/scheduling
- Monitor/supervise property control inventory for marine department
- Evaluate conditions for safe operations in port and at sea
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience on AUTEC project, 3-4 years in direct, marine support positions of increasing responsibility.
- Concise communication skills essential.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to make critical decisions
- Must have extensive knowledge of AUTEC specific marine operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.