The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager- Petroleum Audit
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant post of Manager- Petroleum Audit, Large Taxpayers Division (RS Level: 10) within the Guyana Revenue Authority.
- Ensuring the Unit's work plan is developed, incorporated into annual work plan and communicates approved plans to staff.
- Managing and monitoring the performance of the audit team to achieve team objectives.
- Maintaining effective working relations with external and internal stakeholders and customers, ensuring that the team provides a consistently high level of service to them.
- Ensuring the correct application of tax laws, regulations, policies, programmes and standards procedures toachieve Divisional objectives.
- Assigning cases to tax auditors based on experience and skills required to carry out the audits.
- Reviewing specific cases with auditors to develop audit techniques to be applied.
- Reviewing preliminary audit reports and approves audit plan for each case.
- Discussing contentious audit issues with taxpayers to ensure that problems encountered by the Auditorare resolved expeditiously.
- Providing advice and guidance to staff on various techniques used by taxpayers to avoid and evade taxes.
- Ensuring audits are conducted effectively and recommendations presented in reports are based on findingswith supporting evidence.
- Reviewing and evaluating case work load assigned to Auditors on a regular basis.
- Monitoring and reviewing referred audit cases and special assignments.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual status reports on audit performance against set standards, identifiestrends and determines causes of performance variance.
- Liaising with internal units/divisions and represents GRA with external stakeholders to promote and maintain a positive image of the GRA.
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Management, Economics, or any other equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience with at least three (3) years in a middle management position.
- In-depth knowledge of Tax Laws, standard procedures, Trade Policies and related court rulings and case law.
- In-depth knowledge of auditing principles, practices and standards and their application.
- In-depth knowledge of tax evasion practices, and international tax issues.
- In-depth knowledge of standard business operational and commercial practices (both local and international).
- In-depth knowledge of Exchange of Information Conventions and Practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills including, written and oral communication, analytical, persuasive, team building and negotiating skills.
- Excellent leadership, organisation and team building skills.
- High level of Integrity.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant computer systems and applications.Ability to organise, motivate and resolve individual and group conflict constructively.
- Ability to conduct interviews.
Applications with detailed CV should be submitted no later than Wednesday February 28, 2018 addressed to:
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.