The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Procurement and Contracts
Job SummaryThe South-West Regional Health Authority (SWRHA) is pleased to invite suitably qualified persons to forward applications to fill the vacancy of Manager, Procurement and Contracts at the SWRHA.
The Manager, Procurement and Contracts is responsible for coordinating the centralized system for the procurement and control of supplies, equipment materials and services utilized within the SWRHA. He/she provides leadership and direction for the Department and its employees and supports the management team in decision-making to ensure cost-effective, quality oriented purchasing. He/she co-ordinates third party relationships with Procurement & Contracts suppliers and other members of the supply chain. The incumbent must ensure that procurement strategies are in compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposable of Public Property Act 2015.
Required Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- First Degree in either Business Management or equivalent or fully certification in CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing).
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in Supply Chain Management and at least five (5) years’ experience at a Supervisory/Management level.
- Sound knowledge of Contracting for goods and services.
- Good knowledge of the Tender process.
- Must be experienced with automated systems.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.