The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Quality Improvement
Job SummaryThe Manager, Quality Improvement is responsible for contributing to operational policy formulation and the development and implementation of a strategic plan for Quality Improvement and Accreditation.
Work is performed with considerable initiative and independent judgment in consultation with other managers, clinical directors, primary care directors, nursing and service managers. The Manager, Quality Improvement is also responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating Quality Improvement programmes and plans throughout the organization and staff adherence to all approved standards protocols and guidelines within the Authority.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of health professionals’ legislation.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of health care quality management.
- Extensive knowledge in Health Accreditation Standards
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to apply TQM tools and techniques to carry out investigative research, e.g. statistical process control and root cause analysis.
- Ability to mobilize the support of various health disciplines to achieve quality improvement targets.
- Knowledge of procedures involving Change Management, Process Improvement Management and development of Policies and Procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Health Administration from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree with a concentration in Quality Management/Quality Auditing from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in Quality Management/Quality Auditing, five (5) of which must be at a supervisory/managerial level.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago as certified by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) or the relevant Registration Boards or Councils
All applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 55 years.