The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager – Revenue Protection
Job SummaryGPL Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Manager – Revenue Protection which exists within the Loss Reduction Division – Sheriff Street.
Under the general direction of the Divisional Director Loss Reduction, the incumbent will lead the staff and manage the assets and activities of the Revenue Protection – Department to protect GPL’s revenue by conducting field investigation, assessing systemic issues, and taking corrective actions while complying with ISO 9001 Quality Management System, GPL’s Performance Management System (PMS), and the other policies and management systems of the Company
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Planning and coordinating activities for detection of electricity theft and systemic deficiencies that threatens the Company’s revenue due to non-technical losses.
- Continuously monitor and review the performance of the staff of the Revenue Protection Department as it relates to achievement against set goals, objectives, and targets.
- Identification and continuously monitor of risks that threaten the achievement of the department’s goals, objectives, and targets and taking appropriate actions to mitigate those risks.
- Identification of opportunities that can enhance the achievement of the department’s goals, objectives and targets and taking actions to capitalising on those opportunities.
- Continuously monitor the performance of the staff of the Revenue Protection Department and take appropriate actions that embrace and enhance continuous improvement of all staff.
- Regularly report on the performance of the Revenue Protection Department as it relates to tasks, staff, PMS and QMS.
- Continuously review meter field investigation activities and processes to ensure that they are conducted in an efficient, effective and customer friendly manner.
- Preparation of management and technical reports relating to meter revenue protection activities for presentation to internal and external parties.
- Train staff of the Revenue Protection Department to enable them to develop requisite job skills to fulfill the mandate of the position they hold effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare annual budget for activities scheduled for the Department.
- Liaise with Billing Department on customer issues relating to billing and updating of customers’ accounts.
- Liaise with Metering Engineer and Manager on meter and interface replacements.
- Ensure direct reports’ compliance with Company Rules and Regulations and initiate disciplinary actions in keeping with Company’s Rules of Conduct.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
- Conducts continuous assessment and monitoring of staff work performance and development, and taking steps to correct poor work performance.
- Adaptability and Managing Change
- Decision Making
- Results Oriented
- Leading & Developing Others
- Use of Microsoft office suite
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Flexible and possess the ability to perform effectively under pressure
- Be conversant with relevant law and regulations of Guyana and GPL Inc. policies and rules.
- Conversant with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Conversant with GPL Performance Management System (PMS)