The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Service Delivery and Support
Job SummaryThe incumbent is required to manage the delivery and support of information system services to a large Ministry/Department and to deliver high quality customer service to its internal and external stakeholders, under the direction of the ICT Director
Duties include: managing the operations and maintenance of the business and operational information systems; pro-active managing of systems availability and systems capacity; developing of and complying with service level agreements and targets; managing the service desk function; resolving ICT security breaches, problems, and incidents; and supervising professional, technical and support employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the development of policy, standards and procedures for ICT capacity management, and ensures that the capability, functionality and sustainability of the hardware and software of the Ministry/Department meet the current and forecast needs of the business.
- Leads the management and delivery of defined ICT projects such as application software enhancements, including mitigating project risk and ensuring quality management.
- Manages the provision of application software maintenance and support services to ensure that all requests for support are resolved in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Plans and improves all aspects of the availability of IT user services, including the management of the development and testing of disaster recovery plans.
- Manages the ICT storage and backup systems to provide agreed service levels, and to satisfy the data protection and disaster recovery requirements of the Ministry/Department.
- Assesses the risks to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the critical information systems of the Ministry/Department; designs and tests maintenance procedures and contingency plans to address exposure to such risks; and ensures that agreed levels of continuity are maintained.
- Develops and maintains policies, standards and procedures for the operations of the ICT service desk and for managing incidents.
- Obtains and acts on information pertaining to the vulnerability of information systems, investigates breaches of security for business and operational software applications and computer installations and implements appropriate control solutions and improvements.
- Assesses the risks to the integrity of the Ministry/Department arising from the use of ICT and initiates and manages the development of countermeasures and contingency plans.
- Provides technical management for the IT operations, and takes action to ensure that agreed service levels are met, operational problems are resolved and defined maintenance and support processes are adhered to.
- Liaises with and implements IT service level agreements with the business units of the
- Ministry/Department and monitors to ensure that service delivery meets the agreed service levels; and proactively seeks methods to improve the levels of service.
- Oversees the investigation and resolution of problems relating to ICT systems and services and coordinates the establishment of remedies and preventative measures.
- Monitors opportunities provided by new and emerging technologies and products, including application software products, to address current challenges or to enable new ways of working in the Ministry/Department.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialisations including operational and business application software and service quality and provides expert advice regarding their application.
- Keeps abreast of new methods and trends in ICT capabilities and products to advance the organisation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, tools and techniques required for the management and control of ICT within a large organisation.
- Considerable knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Some knowledge of relevant financial and procurement processes, rules and regulations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams and technical and professional staff.
- Ability to think creatively and to implement leading-edge technology solutions.
- Ability to negotiate and manage complex technical contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage change in the public sector.
- Ability to promote teamwork and to manage conflict.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to interact positively with members of the public and external stakeholders.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience at a management level in the area of ICT, including at least two (2) years’ experience in the development, implementation and operation of enterprise-wide ICT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience at a management level in the area of ICT, including at least four (4) years in the development, implementation and operation of enterprise-wide ICT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognized Bachelor’s degree.
- Certification in the area of ICT from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience at a management level in the area of ICT, in addition to at least five (5) years’ experience in the development, implementation and operation of enterprise-wide ICT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a two-year Diploma/Certificate in ICT from a recognised institution.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those persons, who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the position will be contacted.