The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager – System Administration
Job SummaryResponsible for the operations of the operating system (OS) and middleware aspects of eGov’s computing environment.
Under the supervision of the Department Head, Technical Services the Manager, System Administration manages the operations of the operating system (OS) and middleware aspects of eGov’s computing environment and ensures a safe, secure, reliable, efficient and highly available computing environment in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design the various software and system integration activities of the department, in accordance with the department’s established standards and procedures. The Manager, System Administration will work closely with decision makers in other departments to implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for the systems managed by the System Administration team.
- Manages the overall operations of the System Administration Unit.
- Develops and implements strategies that will ensure efficient and effective management and administration of the Unit.
- Develops and communicates strategies and plans to head of department, staff, partners, customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborates on governance processes.
- Participates in the department’s strategic planning process.
- Drafts and submits budget proposal for manpower, capital and recurrent expenditure for the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Experience in Budgeting planning, project management.
- Eight (8) years’ hands-on-experience in provision of technical support for at least three (3) major information systems.
- Good project management skills
- Good people management skills
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex issues
- Ability to deal with diverse range of demands simultaneously