Reporting to the Director Information Technology, the Manager Systems Operations will ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of information systems and related software and databases that supports them.
- Participates in the development, tracking, and optimizing of short-term and long-term Information Systems budgets for the Unit;
- Informs and advises on technical and Information Systems requirements, and offers users appropriate support and advice;
- Ensures the smooth running of all Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision while ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to, and securing data from internal and external attack;
- Conducts technical needs analyses for technology based information systems solutions to satisfy the requirements of the AGD, MOFPS and MDAs;
- Oversees the design and development of information systems solutions which utilize cutting edge technology and modern state of the art, best practice system delivery;
- Oversees the design of technical specifications and programming of application components for distributed applications;
- Facilitates the assessment process for departmental workflows, processes and definition of data requirements, and conducts relevant cost-benefit analysis;
- Ensures that automation solutions are incorporated to enhance the efficiency of the operations of the AGD, MOFPS and MDAs in the provision of systems applications;
- Provides secure access to the network for remote users;
- Assesses and anticipates systems requirements and recommends appropriate actions and resources; researching and installing new systems;
- Ensures the development and implementation of a customer service platform for the AGD and its stakeholders utilizing web enabled security controlled access portals, popular social media interfaces and mobile friendly applications/platforms;
- Ensures the development, design and maintenance of the website and intranet utilizing cutting edge technology, best practice, portals for direct access based on security profiles with appropriate links and interfaces;
- Ensures the scheduling and conducting of upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Participates to ensure that best prices are negotiated with vendors for replacement/new IT solutions;
- Manages crisis situations, which may involve complex software problems
- Prepares appropriate technical and end user documentation for the Unit and other stakeholders in new and enhanced systems/application programmes delivered by the unit;
- Ensures the delivery of requisite training programmes in state of the art facilities for the Treasury and other MDAs on new and enhanced systems/applications deployed by the unit as well as upgrades to the Government’s Integrated Financial Management Information System
- (GIFMIS), CTMS, and other IT systems and portals deployed by the GOJ;
- Keeps current with emerging IT trends, and current dominant technologies;
- Provides periodic reports as required;
- Serves as the IT point of contact and accountable for the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions, etc. This includes relocation and/or installation of voice/data communications solutions, LAN and PC equipment;
- Provides new staff with PC/account setup and orientation;
- Monitors security compliance in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution in Information Technology or equivalent
- Incumbent must have technical expertise in IT Systems and Systems development
- Post graduate degree
- Certification from a recognized IT certifying body
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Comprehensive and technical knowledge of IT Architecture, and Technology;
- Knowledge of cutting edge IT direct service delivery through on line web enabled portals, use of popular social media and mobile platforms and interfaces;
- Knowledge of cutting edge technology enabled automated help desk operations;
- Knowledge of computer systems audit;
- Knowledge of the various related guiding Acts, Laws and Regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems;
- At least 8 years’ experience working in a managerial capacity in a technical IT position;
- Proven experience in IT leadership, IT architecture development, organizational enhancement, technology enhancement, and vendor management;
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and other related IT systems;
- Proven experience in IT leadership, IT architecture development, organizational enhancement, technology enhancement, and vendor management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Proven and advanced skills in project management.
Remuneration within the salary range $2,056,235 - $2,444,217 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to security screening prior to being employed.