The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manpower Planner (GMG/SEG 2)
Job SummaryTo conduct Human Resource Planning and forecasting in order to provide adequate numbers of qualified and competent Health Care Professionals relevant to the Ministry’s current and future state.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Develops and implements systems for selection and training of health care givers, as required, based on projections for the public and private sectors.
- Utilizes the Human Resource Management Information System to undertake continuous review and analysis of current data on numbers skills, education, experience, and age distribution of health personnel to determine the effectiveness of the workforce in meeting the needs of the health sector.
- Assists with the formulation of Human Resource Development Policies for the National Health Services.
- Collaborates with the Director, Manpower Planning and the Director, Personnel to develop and implement Succession Plans to ensure the availability of competent persons to fill key positions in the future.
- Participates in the development and implementation of programmes to reduce attrition of qualified personnel from the Public Sector.
- Collaborates with the Director Manpower Planning and Development, to determine the type of education/training and financial resources required to achieve the projected manpower needs for the Health Sector.
- Provides information about the benefits of enrolling in health professional training programmes.
- Collaborates with the Regional Health Authorities to ensure that placement of technical staff requiring internship and employment occurs.
- Submits Posts Operation Requests to the Ministry of Finance.
- Represents the Ministry at meetings relevant to Human Resource Planning.
- Prepares and submits reports.
- Conducts workshops as required.
- Provides guidance for staff through coaching and mentoring.
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management policies and practices
- Strategic Vision
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- knowledge of Human Resource Management Principles and Practices
- knowledge of Government Staff Orders and Establishment Acts
- Forecasting skills
- Knowledge of current workforce planning trend
- Excellent counseling/conflict management skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters in Human Resource Management with at least two ((2) years experience in Human Resource Analysis and forecasting – or
- in Human Resource Management with at least four (4) years experience in Human Resource Analysis and Forecasting
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only