The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryLead assigned cell of team members with respect to production volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates, while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Drive for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Initiate cross training and training programs that encompass all aspects of the manufacturing process to expand and improve coverage and personnel qualifications.
- Develop manpower planning and utilization programs to satisfy actual and projected requirements.
- Effectively manage the scheduling of overtime and use of temporary resources.
- Responsible for maintaining cell key metrics at the targeted goals.
- Coordinate with production control planners to establish working schedules to meet customer priorities and expectations.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Recommend the hiring and releasing of production personnel as required to maintain production schedule.
- Manage the disciplinary actions cycle to enforce company policies and procedures.
- Assure that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate production records and statistics of cells activities.
- Efficiently manage the utilization of materials by improving methods, and eliminating wasteful practices within the department.
- Utilize Lean tools to drive continuous improvement within the operation.
- Develop talent of both direct and indirect personnel assigned to ensure a robust succession plan for all positions within assigned area.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering preferred). Master’s Degree is highly desired.
- Ten (10) plus years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Ability to work in a challenging and dynamic environment with shifting priorities and a sense of urgency.
- Availability to work extended hours including weekends and Holidays.
- Possess high energy and drive with above average analytical skills with proven decision making experience under a high-pressure environment.
- Display strong leadership skills with high levels of emotional intelligence and have the ability of self-motivation.
- Strong communications and public speaking skills.
- Candidate must be fluent in Spanish and English languages
- Experience working with Six Sigma, Lean tools is highly desirable.
- Candidate must be available to work the night shift and/or weekend shifts.