The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Manufacturing Supervisor provides direct supervision to the production personnel and assures the effective use of all the manufacturing resources to meet goals and requirements set forth by the Company and by Regulatory entities.
- Provides, in coordination with the Facilities Supervisor, all facilities and resources during the first production steps to assure on time start-up of new production items. Investigates availability of adequate machines accessories, tooling supplies, safety feature, inspections gauges and training.
- Assures adequate employee training and compliance to Regulatory and Company requirements and polices.
- Assures for the training and certification of employees in all manufacturing procedures in which employees will participate.
- Maintains direct contact with support departments to resolve issues on a day to day basis.
- Keeps records and issues reports as required to document the performance of the area supervised and to keep management informed of overall performance.
- Participates actively in various Company programs (Lean Thinking, CIP’s, etc.) geared to optimize performance, reduce costs and meet regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates EE’s performance, administers the disciplinary procedure where applicable.
- Ensures monthly schedule goals are met and well.
- Updates and corrects procedures for the operation of new or existing equipment.
- Supports the incorporation of new technology for Company applications where feasible and practical.
- Assists identifying and elimination of Non Value Added Activities.
- Reviews Manufacturing lines start up, operation, labeling, package, release, and shipping logistic for appropriate process flow and documentation
- Updates, in coordination with the ME, MFG procedures, specifications, bill of materials, drawing, operating procedures and any other documentation needed to manufacture, test or purchase products.
- Assists in establishing annual tooling and capital investment budget.
- Analyzes value of product and methods with emphasis on cost reduction of labor, material, and auxiliary expenditures.
- Motivates, manages and develops personnel in a team environment.
- Performs monthly audits of area supervised for the compliance to Company goals and Regulatory requirements including but not limited to cGMP's, FDA, ISO 9002 and OSHA.
- BS in Engineering with 3-5 years of experience within a manufacturing environment, preferable in the Medical Device industry.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish) and must have good communications skills both oral and written.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Must have knowledge of cGMP's, OSHA, and ISO 9000 requirements.
- Teamwork oriented.