The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Marble and Carpet Specialist
Job SummaryGrand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Marble and Carpet Specialist.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Applicant must have knowledge on carpet and flooring care, preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Knowledge using chemicals and general housekeeping procedures and working in maintaining the property are a must.
- Maintain all public space and back aisle areas.
- Applicant must have knowledge using carpet extractors and buffer machines and difference chemicals to perform the job with quality.
- Applicant must have knowledge in cleaning, scratch removal, seam repair, chip repair, crack repair, cleaning, resurfacing, polishing, sealing, cleaning carpets and upholstery.
- Candidate must be able to work with different types of chemicals and be able to work under pressure and work shifts on weekends, evenings and public holidays depending on the business needs.
- Position requires a person to lift in excess of 50 pounds without assistance on a daily basis and must be well groomed, friendly and able to assist gests as needed.
- Must be able to use heavy equipment to polish floors and surfaces.
- Applicants must have one year proven experience in a similar role.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.