The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAn opportunity has arisen for experienced and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Materials Coordinator at Jamalco.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Planning Supervisor, this position is accountable for:
- Ensuring that proper documentation of materials is done in accordance with standard practices for use in the equipment bill of material, cost evaluation and control in the cost management process;
- Supplying and controlling materials flow, equipment and tools in the department for all planned activities through the use of effective material kitting;
- Securing materials to maximize the productivity of maintenance personnel carrying out planned and scheduled repairs to process equipment;
- Checking staged materials in Stores for planned jobs to ensure that kitting conforms to reliability excellence standards of a 100% kitting ratio;
- Managing and maintaining spare parts catalogue for all critical equipment to ensure that stock-outs are minimized.
Qualifications & Experience
To qualify you must have the following:
- Minimum Secondary level education or equivalent with certified passes in five subjects at the CSEC/G.C.E. level including English Language, Mathematics or a science subject
- A minimum of five years experience as a process operator or craftsperson in the electrical, instrument, civil or mechanical field in an alumina refinery or similar industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.