The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Medical Imaging Practitioner 1
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Medical Imaging Practitioner 1 (HPC/MIP1), Percy Junor Hospital.
Under the direction of the Manager Medical Imaging Services, The Medical Imaging Practitioner 1 will be responsible on a daily basis for:-
- Performing activities associated with delivery of diagnostic radiography services.
- Maintaining acceptable standards of radiation practice, radiation protection and patient care.
- Controlling patient load and flow for the unit to which he/she is assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Diagnostic Imaging or equivalent.
- Registered with the Council for Professions Supplementary to Medicine.
- One (1) year experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to maintain professional standards and satisfactory working relationships.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Performing general x-ray and other imaging procedures according to acceptable International standards, as directed by protocol and as per medical requisition.
- Performing emergency radiography outside of normal working hours.
- Performing bedside and operative radiography, in consult with senior radiographer, using prescribed protocols.
- Managing imaging examinations in accordance with approved patient care procedures.
- Manipulating imaging equipment using electrical factors in accordance with radiation safety regulations.
- Assisting in monitoring darkroom end product to assure compliance with standard protocol.
- Maintaining assigned work area in an attractive and sanitary manner.
- Maintaining good interpersonal relations with staff, patients and other members of the health team.
- Performing any other duties within the span of control of the post and as determined by the exigencies of the service.