The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Medical Microbiologist (HPC/MO 3/4)
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA), invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Medical Microbiologist (HPC/MO 3/4).
Reporting to the Regional Technical Director the incumbent will be responsible for effectively investigating and reporting on microbial infections in clients within all facilities within the region and assess the procedural, environmental and other circumstances relating to such infections.
REQUIIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of the causation, epidemiology and spread of infectious/communicable diseases.
- Knowledge of the essentials of preventing the spread of such diseases.
- Knowledge of methods of managing/treating infectious diseases.
- Knowledge of the proper disposal of microbes and contaminated materials and other hazardous/medical waste.
- Ability to interpret the significance of microbial findings, antibiotic patterns and the relevance/significance to individual infection(s) or disease outbreak(s).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Sound observation skills and recording skills.
- Good logical-thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical Graduate of an approved Medical School
- Satisfactory completion of all necessary internships
- Full registration by the Medical Council of Jamaica
- Post Graduate Studies in Microbiology
- Certification in Public Health (definite asset)
- Five (5) years relevant experience in Clinical Microbiology
- Peer Approval
NB. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.