The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Medical Officer (HPC/MO 1) - Clarendon Health Department
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Medical Officer (HPC/MO 1) at the Clarendon Health Department.
- Applicant should have a M.B.B.S., or equivalent from a recognised Medical College
- Applicant should have done a one year approved internship or clinical attachment (to meet current requirements).
- Applicant should have a least two (2) years post internship clinical experience including rotations through the specialties of Internal Medicine, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Surgery and/or Casualty.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Will be required to administer the services of the Health Centre of which he/she is in charge, as well as to supervise any small satellite clinics associated with it. This involves responsibility for physical facilities, vehicle and district budget and supplies.
- Control of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Control of other Communicable Diseases such as Diarrhoeal Diseases and Upper Respiratory Tract Infections.
- He/She will be required to diagnose, evaluate and treat ambulatory patients in the major speciality of medicine i.e. internal medicine, including infectious diseases, minor surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology in the health centre or hospital, as the need arises or as assigned to his/her supervisor.
- He/She will be required to evaluate all clinical emergencies which arise and to carry out appropriate effective therapy with the facilities at his/her disposal. This may include the performance of minor surgery
- Sound basic clinical skills/acumen
- One or more years of medical practice in a community outpatient setting.
- Good interpersonal skills with a multidisciplinary team/setting
- Health Management experience
- Experience in disease surveillance and control
- Skill in applying simple monitoring and evaluator tools to health care delivery systems
NB: We thank all applicants for responding; however, only short listed applicants will be contacted.