The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Medical Sales Representatives
Job SummaryMedical Sales Representatives are responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with customers and physicians by soliciting opinions, providing information about new products, programs and services.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of sales experience, medical knowledge and existing relationships with potential clients across the island.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranging appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular 'cold' calling
- Making presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses. Presentations may take place in medical settings during the day, or may be conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue
- Organizing conferences for doctors and other medical staff
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administrative staff;
- Managing budgets (for catering, outside speakers, conferences, hospitality, etc.)
- Ability to achieve annual sales targets
- Planning work schedule and executing journey plans.
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings
- Keeping up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations
- Monitoring market trends and activity ( take out competitor activity)
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in the national health service, anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a Bsc. Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
- Must own a reliable motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a proven track record in sales with verifiable references