The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Medical Social Worker
Job SummaryA Medical Social Worker is responsible for assisting individual patients (adults and children) and immediate relatives to overcome social, emotional and financial obstacles in a hospital and community setting.
Work involves the study, evaluation and interpretation of the social, economic and environmental background of patients for use in the preparation of plans for their adjustment and rehabilitation, the facilitation of response to treatment and easing of financial, social and emotional burdens caused by illness which necessitated confinement in hospital or at home. The incumbent also provides supervision to the Junior Medical Social Workers in their direct delivery of hospital and community based medical social work services.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Training as evidenced by a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited and recognized educational institution.
- Post graduate qualifications in Social Work would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of five  years’ work experience in a medical social work setting.
- Must be registered with the Council of Professions Related to Medicine (Medical and Psychiatric Social Workers’ Board).
- Experience in a supervisory capacity would be an asset.
- Must be computer literate
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago as certified by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) or the relevant Registration Boards or Councils
All applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 55 years.