The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Mental Health Officer (HPC/RN3)
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Mental Health Officer (HPC/RN3), SRHA- Regional Office.
Under the supervision of the Regional Mental Health Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Organizing and implementing a comprehensive health care programme for the mentally ill and emotionally disturbed clients within the region in primary, secondary and tertiary care facilities.
- Organizing, maintaining and supervising Outreach Activities throughout the region.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as a professional nurse with Certificate/Bachelor of Science degree
- A minimum of three (3) years clinical experience in nursing
- Training in six (6) months Post Basic Psychiatric Nursing Course
- Training in Nursing Administration - would be an asset
Required skills and Specialized Techniques
- Knowledge of modern psychiatric nursing theory and practice
- Ability to assess, diagnose and treat clients suspected of having mental health problem
- Ability to provide bio psychosocial interventions for individuals, families and communities exposed to mental illness
- Ability to provide psychotherapy and counselling for individuals, groups and family in relation to mental illness and related problems
- Ability to provide Mental Health educational and promotional activities to groups in preventive aspects of Mental illness
- Ability to conduct outreach activities including restraining techniques and managing psychiatric emergencies.
- Ability to maintain adequate records and to prepare reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Well-developed Human Relations Skills
- Good physical health and emotional stability
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act
NB. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.