The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Mental Health Officers (RN3)
Job SummaryThe Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ eight (8) Mental Health Officers for St James, Trelawny, Hanover and Westmoreland.
Under the guidance of the Medical Officer (Health), the incumbent will be responsible for implementing various components of the Community Mental Health Services, in keeping with the Ministry of Health’s policies and guidelines.
- Provides comprehensive mental health services to the clients receiving follow up care at the Community Mental Health clinics.
- Conducts home visits to provide mental health care to delinquent and indigent clients.
- Responds to psychiatric emergencies and crisis situation arising in the community.
- Consults with the Psychiatrist, RMHO, MO(H) and other health care professionals on matters relating to client care & acts as Mental Health Nursing Consultant to other persons.
- Provides psychosocial interventions to clients and their families on mental health issue.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Excellent time management and report writing skills
- Working knowledge of Psychopharmacology
Qualification and Experience:
- B.Sc. In General Nursing
- Post Basic training in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Certificate in Nursing Administration or Supervisory Management
- Current registration with the
- A minimum of five (5) years' post-registration practice in general health, mentalhealth or other forms of nursing in the community or hospital experience in industrial relations.
NB: Only qualified and experience shortlisted applicants will be contacted