The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Mental Health Planner
Job SummaryTo provide assistance to the Manager- Mental Health in the co-ordination of projects, work plans and training sessions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the co-ordinating, planning and administration of project activities.
- Prepares situational analyses of the mental health sector.
- Identifies existing needs/deficiencies and develops proposals for changes in programmes, policies and procedures.
- Liaises with Heads of Divisions /Sections and provides guidance to ensure the preparation of work plans.
- Arranges workshops and training sessions relevant to mental health.
- Develops performance indicators for mental health institutions for inclusion in service agreements.
- Reviews data provided by the Mental Health Information Officers to prepare plans for effecting improvements in service delivery in the mental health sector.
- Drafts corporate objectives and corporate priorities for management of the mental health sector.
- Processes and analyzes data and presents results in clear and accessible forms.
- Assists the Manager- Mental Health in the identification of training needs for the mental health sector.
- Represents the Manager- Mental Health at internal and external meetings.
- Liaises with other Ministries and external organizations (inter-ministerial collaboration) in establishing appropriate community care for the mentally ill.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Mental Health Legislation and Health Information.
- Expert knowledge of individual and group behaviour with special emphasis on the behaviour patterns of the mentally ill.
- Proficiency in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other team members and the public.
- Proficiency in preparing and presenting complex technical reports in a clear and concise manner
- Working knowledge of project planning and development.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Tools.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- BSc Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field from an accredited University.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Planning/Strategic planning;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the positions will be contacted.