The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor
Job SummaryAbt is seeking well-qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded governance project in Haiti.
This role will entail overall responsibility for contract fulfillment and compliance in country. The MEL Advisor will be the dedicated resource responsible for evaluating program progress, developing and monitoring S.M.A.R.T. performance and context indicators, integrating a collaborating, learning, and adapting approach into project activities, conducting analyses such as situational analyses, outcome mapping, and network analysis, as well as providing ongoing capacity building support to local counterparts.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages the monitoring, evaluation, and learning components of all project activities including project work planning, performance and context indicator development, performance monitoring plan development and tracking, learning, reports, and other deliverables;
- Assumes leadership for integrating a collaborating, learning, and adapting approach into project activities;
- Provides consultative leadership on project data collection, analysis, reporting, and storage;
- Conducts periodic and routine internal Data Quality Assessments, identifying opportunities and gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time
- Represents the project to the Government of Haiti, the U.S. Mission, USAID, key stakeholders, local partners, and the Nation of Haiti at-large;
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- An advanced degree from an accredited university in Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, economics, international development, public health, social sciences, public policy, or equivalent;
- Proven track record of monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, with experience in USAID reporting preferred;
- Excellent analytical and synthesis capability;
- Strong management and organizational skills, including timely response to requests for planned and unplanned support;
- Communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to perform all job functions in French, Creole and English;
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and evaluating national-level projects;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources to draw conclusions and recommendations;
- Excellent ability to work effectively with colleagues and other stakeholders such as ministry and government agencies, donors, NGOs, and local community leaders;
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues in a complex and politically sensitive environment;
- Understanding of the Haitian national and local government systems highly desirable;
- Familiarity with USAID and experience working on USAID-funded projects is a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Independent and able to work under pressure and without supervision;
- Willingness to travel outside the metropolitan area of Port-au-Prince.
- (10+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. This experience should include at minimum 7 years of experience as a senior monitoring and evaluation specialist of large, complex, national-level projects.