The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThis position is responsible for integration of computer and network systems into classified and unclassified network topologies located in West Palm Beach, FL and Andros Island, Bahamas.
Provides complex, high-level technical support for network systems, and carries out novel and/or complex assignments requiring the development of new and/or improved designs, techniques, and procedures on the AUTEC project.
- Design and implement integrated network architectures for medium-to-large network systems (1000+ nodes).
- Daily administration and maintenance of Cisco switches, routers, and ISE appliances.
- Good understanding of layer 2 and 3 networks, OSI network model, VLANs, EIGRP routing protocol, and design.
- Sound knowledge of ACL’s, NAT, and VPN via Cisco technologies.
- Understand, implement, and maintain security best practices in accordance with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides.
- Maintain full Information Assurance compliance on Government networks.
- Create/maintain technical documentation, network equipment configurations, and detailed network diagrams.
- Analyze current network systems technology, and available vendor offerings to establish optimum network architecture solutions; plan future enhancements and direction for the network.
- Install, configure, and maintain network operating system and application software, as appropriate.
- Provide customer support and troubleshooting of network access problems.
- Have a working knowledge of current TIA/EIA standards for fiber and copper cable.
- Assist with the improvement and modernization of network cabling.
- Assist with inventory tracking in various systems.
- Work as a team member, interfacing with members of IT and customers to ensure delivery of solid solutions.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline with a minimum of three years of directly-related experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of networking software and hardware systems and related technologies.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification required.
- CCNA certification required.
- At least three years of experience as a Network Engineer in medium-to-large networks. Must have significant experience with Cisco networking equipment.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain networks, and/or related hardware and software.
- Ability to create VLANs, ACLs, Trunks, and Tunnels.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of network systems infrastructure requirements and standards.
- Working knowledge of network monitoring applications such as Observer, and SolarWinds.
- Physical effort required to include cable installations and climbing ladders
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Minimal travel.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid Driver License and US Passport is required.