The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryTo provide technical services in the management, operations and maintenance of the computer network hardware and software, intranet, internet, portal, communications, LANs, WANs and related connectivity infrastructure of the Ministry/Department.
Duties include: operating and maintaining network and connectivity components; monitoring network security; resolving network problems and service incidents; and supervision of technical and support Staff as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and resolves network problems following agreed procedures and assist with monitoring and reporting on performance using network management software and tools.
- Installs, tests, corrects, commissions/decommissions networking and connectivity infrastructure in accordance with defined procedures and instructions, and maintains accurate service and support records.
- Investigates minor security breaches with networks and connectivity infrastructure in accordance with established procedures, takes necessary corrective action, and maintains relevant security records and documentation.
- Applies and maintains specific security controls to the network and connectivity infrastructure, as defined by the policy and standards of the Ministry/Department, to enhance resilience to unauthorised access.
- Monitors service level delivery metrics to ensure that service level agreements for the networks and related infrastructure are not breached.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures, and maintenance and installation work on the network and connectivity infrastructure of the Ministry/Department.
- Participates in the investigation and resolution of problems with networking infrastructure and services, and assists with the implementation of preventative measures to address future issues.
- Receives and responds to service desk and incident management requests for network and connectivity infrastructure support in accordance with agreed procedures, and maintains relevant records.
- Delivers learning activities, such as training, to a variety of audiences in areas of technical specialisation and for assigned projects.
- Participates as a member of a project team in the management of defined networking and connectivity projects of the Ministry/Department by undertaking activities such as indentifying and mitigating project risk, ensuring quality in project delivery and managing assigned resources.
- Keeps abreast of developments in computer networking and communications infrastructure, provides advice regarding their application, and utilises this knowledge in performing job duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of defined components of networking and connectivity infrastructure.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Some knowledge of the principles, tools and techniques required for the management and control of ICT within an organisation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to supervise technical and support staff.
- Ability to think creatively and to implement IT connectivity solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to promote teamwork and manage conflict.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to interact positively with members of the public and external stakeholders.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the area of ICT, including at least eighteen (18) months’ experience in the operation and maintenance of network, messaging and communications infrastructure.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognised Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those persons, who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the position will be contacted.