The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Occupational Therapist (HPC/OT 3)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Occupational Therapist (HPC/OT 3) Cornwall Regional Hospital.
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ an Occupational Therapist for the Cornwall Regional Hospital. Under the guidance of the Consultant Psychiatrist, the incumbent’s core responsibilities will include:
- Planning and evaluating the occupational therapy service in the Cornwall Regional Hospital’s Mental Health Services.
- Organizing a structural Occupational Therapy Programme for inpatient services, facilitating therapeutic interventions for patients’ rehabilitation and recovery.
- Assessing and managing patients referred to occupational therapy. Evaluating their physical, interactive, cognitive and communication skills.
- Performing inpatient and outpatient psychiatric therapy intervention services utilizing standard and/or specialized occupational therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Teaching clients new ways of approaching tasks and educating them on how to break down activities into achievable components.
- Guiding and educating family members and caregivers.
- Working independently with other team members or agencies, liaising with clients and caregivers to promote collaborative working.
- Consulting on the development of rehabilitation services/therapy.
- Managing the inpatient Occupational Therapy Department and resources.
- Maintaining inventory and compiles data and reports.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage patients with different range of conditions and needs
- Good communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Sc. Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution
- Post Basic training in Mental Health
- Registration to practice with the Council supplementary to medicine
- A minimum of one to two (1-2) years Post Graduate experience within the related Occupational Therapy Environment (preferably within acute mental health & substance use in a community setting).
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted