The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Office Administrator (GMG/AM 3)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to be assigned to the post of Office Administrator (GMG/AM 3) – (one year contract) in the National Council for Senior Citizens, Ministry of Labour and Social Security.
The incumbent will manage the Feeding Programme of the National Council for Senior Citizens to ensure that nutritious meals are prepared and dispatched in a timely manner to the clients in the Corporate Area; as well as manage the support staff assigned to the Department.
- Maintains current and accurate record of all feeding centers and beneficiaries;
- Maintains records of services, as well as goods received and issued;
- Orders supplies for Feeding Programme and manages inventory;
- Visits Feeding Centers for verification of beneficiaries, checks records of attendance, number of meals served daily and condition of centers;
- Assists in identifying the needs of older persons by conducting surveys and establishing areas of need;
- Certifies for approval all over-time claims submitted by the support staff;
- Ensures adequacy of office requirements such as electricity supply, air-conditioning, plumbing, telephone and their maintenance;
- Checks bills and verify related activities are in compliance with required standards of the Government of Jamaica;
- Participates in the Department’s strategic planning process;
- Maintains control of duplicate keys for the Office;
- Monitors the activities of the Office Attendant and Driver;
- Recommends Sick and Departmental Leave for officers under direct supervision;
- Prepares Performance Appraisals and recommends and/or initiates corrective action where necessary, to improve performance.
- Manages the preparation and distribution of food and food packages to feeding programme beneficiaries;
- Prepares monthly report of the Feeding Programme;
- Maintains office inventory and supervises the upkeep of the physical environment of the office and grounds;
- Ensures maximum use of supplies;
- Supervises Feeding Programme staff;
- Performs any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good supervisory skills with an eye for detail
- Good leadership skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Management or related area;
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Travelling within the corporate area and island-wide;
- Required to work additional hours and on week-ends at times.
Salary range $1,010,480 – $1,201,144 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.