The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryOur client, a leader in Residential Development , is seeking the services of a self -driven and analytical Office Manager to join their highly demanding team.
Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Manages system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with local legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage.
- Perform partial checks of the posting process.
- Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements.
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner.
General HR Responsibilities:
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Compensation and benefits administration and record keeping.
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting; and employee services.
- BSc/BA Business Administration with a major or minor in Accounts or Finance.
- Five years’ experience working in Accounts Payable and Receivable, General lLedger, Payroll and Payroll Reports
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing cheques and submitting payroll taxes.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and take initiative.
- Comfortable with technology and cloud-based accounting software platforms.
- Ability to learn quickly in an environment with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task while prioritizing tasks effectively.
- Communicate and work well with other.
We thank all applicants for responding, however, only candidates who have been short-listed will be contacted by telephone or email