The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Office of the Campus Registrar Public Relations Officer Marketing, Recruitment and Communications Office
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Office of the Campus Registrar Public Relations Officer Marketing, Recruitment and Communications Office.
Reporting directly to the Director, Marketing, Recruitment & Communications, the successful candidate is responsible for establishing communication policy and public relations programmes goals/objectives, in support of the mission of the institution, including procedures for periodic evaluations.
The incumbent will develop and coordinate publicity and other communications support related to major events at the UWI Mona and assists in the publicizing of events hosted by Departments and Faculties. The Public Relations Officer serves as the Campus’ protocol officer, assisting Departments and Faculties in ensuring that proper procedures, arrangements, and informational services are provided for conferences, workshops and special initiatives and supporting the Campus in all protocol arrangements for visits of distinguished persons.
The successful candidate will also have primary responsibility for:
- Media relations management; Planning publicity strategies and campaigns; Writing and producing presentations and press releases; Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations; and organising promotional events;
- Enhancing the visibility of UWI by ensuring that knowledge of its programmes and research are disseminated by coordinating the placement of lecturers and researchers on a range of media, as well as producing radio programmes and video features on the Campus;
- From time to time being the spokesperson to the media on behalf of the Campus as directed by the Director or other Senior Manager of the Campus;
- Arrange and/or provide media relations training for academic & senior administrative staff in order to ensure clear and concise delivery of key messages;
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or other relevant discipline;
- At least 4 years’ experience in public relations, media or communications. Experience in Higher Education would be a distinct asset;
- Knowledge and experience with the UWIís systems and processes would be a distinct advantage.
Preferred Qualifications/Experience and Abilities, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to exercise emotional intelligence;
- Excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to exercise good judgment in delegation and decision making;
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage conflicting demands;
- Knowledge of, and experience in the use of major social media platforms;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.