The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Officer, Authorizations Department
Job SummaryThe Securities Commission of The Bahamas invites applications from qualified individuals for the position of Officer, Authorizations Department.
This position reports to the Manager of the Department and has responsibility for supporting the operations of the Authorisations Department, carrying out activities/ work plans related to the goals and objectives of the Department.
- Process applications (performing due diligence, assessing fitness and propriety, etc. in line with department procedures and best practices) pursuant to the Securities Industry Act, Investment Funds Act and Financial and Corporate Service Providers Act;
- Conduct research and analysis on industry developments and policy matters;
- Assist in review and analysis of department policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvements;
- Prepare and provide statistical data and analysis on, industry developments and licensing trends;
- Maintain current and accurate registrant/licensee information and licensing fees;
- Maintain custody and tracking of Investment Fund licenses (as assigned);
- Address internal and external queries from industry stakeholders (e.g. market participants, regulators) in an accurate and timely manner in line with department procedures;
- Demonstrate ongoing knowledge and ensure compliance with local and International developments and initiatives (e.g. IOSCO Principles) and;
- Support department with any other technical or administrative assignments
- Strong technical knowledge of industry, legislation and products;
- Knowledge of financial services legislation (e.g. Securities Industry Act, 2011 and Investment Funds Act, 2003)
- Must possess the following:
- strong communication skills (oral and written)
- strong analytical skills
- strong time management skills
- Bachelors/Masters Degree – Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Admin, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of capital markets, products, legislation and regulatory environment.
- 2-3 years’ industry experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salaries and benefits offered