The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Officer - Inspection Department
Job SummaryThe Securities Commission of The Bahamas (the Commission) invites applications from qualified Bahamians for the position of Officer - Inspection Department.
The Securities Commission of The Bahamas (the Commission), a statutory agency responsible for the oversight, supervision and regulation of the investment funds, securities and capital markets in or from The Bahamas, as well as the supervision of Financial and Corporate Service Providers, invites applications from qualified Bahamians for the position of Officer - Inspection Department.
Officer - Inspections Department will have the responsibility to:
- Plan and conduct field inspections of licensees and registrants of the Commission and various securities, mutual funds and capital markets products offered by market participants
- Conduct informational interviews with licensees and registrants of the Commission
- Prepare compliance reports and deficiency letters, to licensees and registrants upon completion of field inspections
- Monitor and follow up with licensees and registrants on satisfactory resolution of deficiencies identified in inspection reports
- Assist with investigations of regulated and unregulated securities, mutual funds and capital market participants
- Review and analyze financial statements of licensees and registrants of the Commission
- Ensure compliance with regulatory capital requirements, and reviews of financial disclosure submissions currently being provided by any registrant of the Commission.
- Any other duties or projects assigned by the manager from time to time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Advanced Excel, Access, etc.), Microsoft Office
- Well-developed analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Intellectual curiosity
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Exhibit concern for careful adherence to established procedures and practices.
- Exhibit concern for accuracy and detail
- Offer exemplary service to internal or external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics or Finance
- 1 - 2 years of experience in auditing, public accounting, private banking or compliance
- Series 7 or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of securities, AML/KYC and financial and corporate service providers legislation
- Knowledge of securities legislation and the general financial sector regulatory environment is an asset
- Risk management experience
- Prepared to undergo professional accounting or auditing designation
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salaries and benefits offered