The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Paralegal Officer (PGL/LS 4)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Paralegal Officer (PGL/LS 4) in the Financial Investigations Division of this Ministry.
To assist the legal officers on conducting research to support legal proceedings and with the preparation of documents necessary to comply with local regulations in the conduct of business activities.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Work with legal officers to prepare all documents required in the preparation of cases for Court and other legal documents utilized by the legal officers in the Branch
- Prepare legal documentation and letters with respect to litigation and defense
- Liaise with the Attorney General’s Chambers, other legal departments and stakeholders regarding legal matters/issues
- Assist with gathering and analyzing research data, such as statute decisions and legal articles, codes and documents
- Receive and respond to telephone messages from clients or them to the appropriate officers if unable to handle
- Create and maintain filing system for legal and quasi-legal documents
- Assist in preparing legal documents, including briefs, appeals, contracts and real estate closing statements.
- Prepare draft responses to requests for information within the purview of the legal Services Branch
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports
- Perform any other related duties assigned
- Provide supporting documents and affidavits
Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities include:
- Sound knowledge of Jamaica Laws;
- Good knowledge of the Organization’s policies, procedures and mandate;
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles;
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Three (3) years working experience in a related environment
Salary: $771,280 - $916,810 per annum
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted