The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Paralegal Officer (PLG/LS 3)
Job SummaryUnder the direction of the Legal Officer, the incumbent performs administrative duties, records and prepares Minutes, conducts research and assists with the preparation of legal documents.
- Assists the Legal Officer in preparing briefs, opinions, contracts and in researching statues, judicial decisions, legal articles and other documents;
- Provides administrative support to the Consumer Protection Tribunal (CPT);
- Organizes meetings and prepares agendas for meetings and hearings;
- Accurately records and prepares minutes of Board and other meetings and hearings and co-ordinates distribution;
- Receives and records complaints/ correspondence routed to the Legal Officer and establishes and maintains files for these complaints/ correspondence, as well as other materials;
- Receives and places telephone calls, responds to routine queries and directs correspondence and electronic mail to Legal Officer;
- Monitors and follows-up on issues, deadlines and priorities of concern to the Unit;
- Maintains law library and other filing systems for the Unit;
- Performs other administrative functions and assumes responsibilities as may arise from time to time, and which will enhance the performance of the Unit and the Commission.
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Research capabilities
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Good computer skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Five (5) CSEC subjects including Grade I or II passes in English Language and Mathematics;
- Administrative Assistant qualification from a recognized institution or three (3) years’ experience;
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies from a recognized institution;
- Minimum experience of two (2) years in similar capacity or as a Legal Assistant/ Secretary.
Salary range $666,110 – $791,796 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.