The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Parish Administrative Officer (GMG/AM 3)
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Parish Administrative Officer (GMG/AM 3) based at the Clarendon Health Department.
The holder of this position is responsible for providing administrative/management support services to the Parish Manager, Medical Officer (Health) and the parish office.
- Preparing and managing the department’s budget
- Monitoring and reporting on maintenance activities
- Property management
- Overseeing the fleet management portfolio.
Specific Knowledge Required
- Sound knowledge of standard office procedures
- Sound knowledge of the appropriate spreadsheets and databases
- Knowledge of the personnel policies & procedures in force
- Knowledge of accounting principles & practices
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Management Studies/Business Administration from a recognized tertiary institution
- A Diploma in Health Management
- UTECH Diploma in Management Studies
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience at a managerial level within the Health Sector or a service oriented organization.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Good analytical skills and sound judgement
- Good time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective leadership abilities
- Well developed human relations/interpersonal skills
Special Conditions Associated With Job
- Extensive travel required throughout the parish in the conduct of duty
- Required to inspect buildings and grounds of the parish office and health centres
NB. We thank all applicants for responding but only short listed applicants will be contacted.