The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Parish Administrator (GMG/AM 3)
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Parish Administrator at the St. Ann Health Department.
Reporting to the Parish Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing liaison and co-ordination within the Parish Health Department, and between Health Districts and Health Centers on matters involving administrative/management support services for Primary Health Care.
Specific Knowledge / Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resource administration;
- Knowledge of budget preparation
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualification and Experience:
- B.Sc. in Management or equivalent from recognized institution.
- Certificate in Supervisory Management
- A minimum of five (5) years in an administrative position or related field.
Key Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Planning, co-coordinating, and administering activities for professional, technical, administrative and support staff within the health district.
- Provide orientation for new members of the clerical and administrative staff, HEART Trainees, Youth Service Workers etc.
- Monitoring the financial activities and verifying bills and claimable allowances of health facilities within the parish.
- In consultation with the Parish Manager, ensure the timely repair of office equipment and furniture.
- Ensuring that all vehicles assigned to the Health District are in proper working conditions at all times by arranging timely repairs.
- Monitoring the ordering and purchasing of stationery and other stock items needed for service delivery.
- Monitoring the daily operations of the canteen including the generated revenue and ensure that cash book is updated on a daily basis.