The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the position Parish Manager.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Construction Technology/Construction Studies or equivalent.
- Specialized Training in Contract Management, Road Maintenance & Bridge Inspection
- 5 years in the road construction sector with experience at a senior supervisory level
- Knowledge of Government Procurement procedures
- Highly developed technical skills and knowledge of road maintenance and construction
- Highly developed contract management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Technical report writing and oral communication skills
- Reports to and advice the Regional Manager on all activities within the parish
- Accountable for the achievement of the Agency's target within the parish
- Plan, organize, coordinate and direct the parish maintenance activities
- Represent the Agency within the assigned parish at all official functions/meetings
- Review and approve work plans/ itinerary of Assistant Parish Managers
- Prepare periodic reports on all infrastructure activities within the parish
- Conduct site visits, inspections of bridges, quarries, drainage structures and retaining walls
- Maintain a current database of parish infrastructure condition
- Investigate complaints, accidents or nuisances affecting the public caused by the Agency's activities or factors affecting the agency's business
- Review performance of contractors and make recommendations
- Devise local emergency strategies and attend local Disaster Planning Committee Meetings
- Liaise with contractors/suppliers to ensure that the Agency's requirements are clearly understood and observed
Only short listed applicants will be contacted and we thank all applicants in advance.