The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Part Time Faculty for School of Nursing
Job SummaryPart Time Faculty position for pre nursing and undergraduate nursing courses including: Medical Terminology, Mental Health, Community Health, Health Assessment, Pharmacology, Senior Seminar and Bridge to Professional Nursing
- A Master’s degree in Nursing and clinical experience in an advanced practice nursing role are required. Experience in an inpatient nursing specialty area and community settings are also required.
- Team working and leadership skills are also essential in order to effectively participate in SON and UVI governance activities, program development and assure continued ACEN Accreditation.
- Current Licensure to practice and eligibility for licensure in the USVI is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a Doctorate in Nursing or a related field with
- Certification as a Nurse Educator and/or Nurse Practitioner.
- Previous experience in collegiate teaching, familiarity with ACEN accreditation processes, QSEN and the AACN essential competencies, the ability to work with a diverse population is preferred.
- The ability to initiate or continue a research program and other scholarly activities is an asset.
Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competencies in teaching methods and evaluation processes
- Comfort with health care and educational technology
- Organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to collaborate and work as a team member
- Commitment to the nursing profession
- Knowledge of ongoing quality monitoring and accreditation processes