The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Payroll Clerk (FMG/AC 2)
Job SummaryThe incumbent will provide clerical support to the Payroll Unit, to ensure the timely and accurate payment of salaries for employees and all deductions by due date.
- Locates and retrieves old salary records. Researches and abstracts historical payroll data for completing forms or for memoranda or letters to be prepared based on request received;
- Ensures that salary registers and other records are properly filed and stored;
- Assists in the computation of salary arrears;
- Assists in the posting of monthly and fortnightly payroll data to the system;
- Assists in the batching and dispatch of payslips, pay cheques and deductions;
- Assists in the preparation of covering payment vouchers;
- Assists in the payment of P 45 Forms and annual returns;
- Performs any other assigned duties.
- General understanding of the role and mandate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
- Familiarity with the Staff Orders
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Very good numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Four (4) CXC/O’Level subjects including a numeric subject and English Language;
- Certificates in Accounting from Post-Secondary institutions and in-service training courses in Government Accounting and Voucher Preparation are assets.
Salary range $644,924 - $766,612 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.