The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Payroll Clerk (FMG/AC2)
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Payroll Clerk (FMG/AC2) - SRHA Regional Office.
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Clerk is responsible for the verification of salary and allowances and ensuring compliance with the established salary/wage guidelines and financial procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Four (4) CXC or GCE subjects including a numeric subject and English Language
- Certificate in Accounting from a recognize tertiary institution and Government Accounting Level 1 – Will be an asset.
- Two (2) years experience in financial accounting
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all payroll amendments (leave, promotion, appointments, resignations, transfers) have been effected in consultation with the Payroll Supervisor
- Preparation of fortnightly and monthly payroll and related reports for approval of the Payroll Supervisor
- Ensuring the accuracy of all deductions from employees salary inclusive of NIS, NHT, Education Tax & Income tax returns
- Investigating queries and discrepancies in computation of salaries.