The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
PC Systems Supervisor
Job SummaryThis position is the senior member of the PC Systems Team on Andros Island.
The individual will be the direct supervisor and mentor for the other members of PC Systems on the island and will provide recommendations and input to the PC Systems Department Manager regarding implementation solutions, task priorities, and general department feedback. Another important responsibility of this role is ensuring a positive Customer Service experience is received by all PC Systems’ many customers on Andros, to include other PAE employees, NUWC, the Navy, as well as visiting Range Users. This position also requires a highly technical individual since the ultimate responsibility is providing PC and printer/Multi-Function Device (MFD) support on Andros Island.
- Supervise ASD-based PC System staff
- Provide mentoring and training to junior members of the PC Systems staff on Andros Island
- Provide Level III PC technical support, and assisting with lower level support, as needed
- Implement security-related updates and patches on classified and unclassified systems
- Troubleshooting/repairing PCs and peripherals
- Monitor the helpdesk ticket queue and provide assistance to customers
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot PC hardware and peripherals
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows OS platform (mostly Windows 7), and PC applications
- Re-image or otherwise deploy PCs as needed utilizing WDS and SCCM.
- Install, configure, and repair network printers and MFDs
- Provide 24-hour, on-call support on a rotating basis
- Manage beeper rotation schedule
- Manage customer asset requests from initial request through shipment and ultimately, installation
- Assist with the control and maintenance of Government and contractor owned property
- Provide solutions for new software/hardware requirements
- Design and implementation of systems based on customer requirements.
- Create and update Helpdesk documents
- Develop user training and instructional materials as needed
- Maintain membership in the DoD CyberSecurity Workforce, which requires no less than 40 applicable continuous learning credit hours per year.
- Must maintain appropriate certifications at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate accounting of property inventory
- Maintain 100% positive control over classified hard drives
- Provide additional assistance as needed to support government requirements
- Provide regular updates to management
- Keep pace with advancements in computer technology
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- BS/BA in an associated discipline. Two (2) years of experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- At least ten years of experience in enterprise PC support for 500 or more computers.
- Windows 10 MCSA Certification
- One of the following: CompTIA A+ CE, Network+ CE, or Security+ CE certification
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and coordinate a variety of activities and projects
- Technical writing skills for writing and reviewing policies and procedures.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills and technical knowledge
- Proficient with Enterprise Microsoft Windows 10 installations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2013
- Working knowledge and understanding of networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Working knowledge of client/server architecture
- Advanced working knowledge of a helpdesk ticket system, ideally Numara / BMC Track-It!
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Work both independently and cooperatively within a cohesive group
- Assist with reviewing policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities
- Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- Project Management experience is considered desirable
- Familiarity with DoD Information Assurance compliance is highly desired
- Numara / BMC Track-it! System Administrator certification.
- A valid Driver’s License and US passport are required
- Must meet eligibility to obtain and maintain the required US Government security clearance which will require the candidate to be a United States citizen.