The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Pension Audit Analyst
Job SummaryThe incumbent in this position is required to develop and update Pension and Leave records for officers employed in the Ministry of Health with a view to ensuring that terminal benefits are accurately computed for disbursement on a timely basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches pay-record cards, files, and other relevant documents, in order to reviews and upgrades existing Pension and Leave Management Systems.
- Develops and implements programmes for training of staff in Pension and Leave procedures, systems and processes.
- Audits data from current files as well as files retrieved from storage.
- Audits Pension and Leave Records and Statement of Indebtedness.
- Assists in establishing a database (manual and/or electronic) for maintaining and updating particulars relating to transfers, promotions, changes in remuneration, and leave taken by Public Officers of the Ministry.
- Assists in the preparation of periodic reports on Pension and Leave Records.
- Collaborates on special project exercises, such as the Voluntary Separation of Employment Plan (VSEP), by preparing provisional statements in accordance with provisions of the Civil Service Pension Act and Pension Regulations and/or Government decisions.
- Obtains data from other Ministries or Department that may assist in the preparation of Pension and Leave Records
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Extensive experience (5 years or more) in the preparation and/or auditing of Pension and Leave Records in the Public Service.
- Considerable experience as an Auditor, Accountant or a Pension and Leave Schedule Officer in the Public Service will be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of the laws, regulations, agreements and policies relating to Pension and Leave in the Public Service.
- Team player initiative.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Level/CXC passes in English Language and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the preparation/maintenance or auditing of Pension and Leave Records in the Public Service.
- Computer literate with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Officer Suite.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those persons, who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the position will be contacted.