The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Personnel & Administrative Supervisor
Job SummaryGPL Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Personnel & Administrative Supervisor, which exists within the Office of the Regional Manager, Anna Regina – Essequibo.
Under the general direction of the Regional Manager - Essequibo, the incumbent will be responsible for all Personnel and Administrative matters within the Essequibo Location.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Responsible for the preparation of the relevant documents for the recruitment of new employees at all locations within the Essequibo area.
- Ensure that all relevant personnel documents are submitted to the Human Resources Department in a timely manner including Staff Change Requisition (SCR), Leave forms etc.
- Make arrangements for the training of employees within the area.
- Responsible for all security personnel within the Essequibo area and ensure their timesheets are submitted for payment within the given time frame.
- Prepare leave Roster and update the Departmental heads and Regional Manager on deferred leave.
- Liaise with the HR Department on routine matters relating to employees matters.
- Prepare documents relating to hours of work by contract vehicles for all locations
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Main Office building, and the services such as telephone and water utilities.
- Responsible for the processing and timely submission of all N.I.S claims for employees within the region.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Regional Manager when necessary.
- Prepare the department’s annual budget.
- Make regular visits to the other locations.
- Assist with the payment of salary at Wakenaam Location.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by a duly authorised Officer.
- Ability to establish and maintain record keeping systems.
- Knowledge of Human Resources discipline
- Management Skills
- Excellent Social Skills
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment
- Knowledge of Microsoft application
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral)
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Flexible, straight forward and independent
- Diploma in Management from the University of Guyana (UG) or an accredited tertiary institution with at least five (5) years’ experience in Human Resource Management. OR
- Five (5) subjects CXC which should include Mathematics and English Language (Grades 1-3), plus
- Certificate in Industrial and Social Studies, or Industrial Relations and Management from an accredited institution with at least seven (7) years’ experience in Human Resources Administration.