The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThis position has responsibilities for timely collection and correct identification of specimens from patients.
BARBADOS REFERENCE LABORATORY (BRL) is a full service clinical medical laboratory with full accreditation by the College of American Pathologists since 2009. We offer quality laboratory testing and consultation services to health care providers in Barbados and the wider Caribbean in Clinical Chemistry, Haematology, Microbiology and immunology, inclusive of allergy testing and Cytopathology.
This position has responsibilities for timely collection and correct identification of specimens from patients. Additional responsibilities include performing clerical duties in a manner to assure the effective function of the Reception/Collection areas.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical laboratory terminology
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Computer skills
- Critical thinking and good judgment in execution of tasks.
- Good organizational skills, the ability to multitask and to prioritize daily assignments
Experience: A minimum of 2 years phlebotomy and customer service experience required.