The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Photographer - JARD
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Photographer (MCG/AVT 2) in the Jamaica Archives and Records Department (JARD), Ministry of Education, Youth and Information.
Under the general direction of the Conservation Supervisor, the Photographer is responsible for the reprographic processing and reproduction of records in accordance with established procedures and standards. The incumbent also carries out general photographic duties.
- Prepares and microfilms documents;
- Processes and checks microfilm;
- Reproduces photo using various cameras, processes film and produces photographs in black and white;
- Photocopies documents as requested;
- Types templates for orders and labels completed work;
- Assists with the public education and outreach programme;
- Cleans and maintains reprographic equipment in the Section;
- Performs other related duties that may from time to time be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent hand-eye co-ordination
- Creative with good colour co-ordination skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Four (4) CXC/GCE O’Level subjects including English Language and a Science subject.
Salary range $595,465 – $707,820 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.