The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Physiotherapist at the Mid-Atlantic Wellness Institute (Psychiatric Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to perform an appropriate assessment on all in and /or out patients following referral. Uses objective clinical measures to identify problems, and formulate treatment plans based on realistic stated goals. Carry out specific therapeutic interventions as indicated
- Provides supervision and delegation of specific written treatment plans to aides, assistants, and/or students
- Observes and evaluates treatment effects and communicates patient progress or lack thereof to appropriate staff and physicians
- Maintains patient documentation using the appropriate paper work. Ensures documentation meets current standards and policies. Prepares specific clinical reports as requested
- Keeps accurate and timely statistics of both direct and indirect time spent
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required with certification, if applicable, in jurisdiction of training
- 1-2 years post graduate experience in a related Physiotherapy environment, preferably within a hospital
- Local registration to practice with the Council for Allied Health Professions (CAHP)
Schedule: 35 hours per week / Weekends and On-call when required