The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryResponsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Responsible for strategic (manager level and above) and tactical manufacturing activities (supervisor level).
- Ensures proactive engagement and representation of Manufacturing within Development Teams to ensure future products meet the operational efficiency goals.
- Work in close collaboration and partner with R&D, IT, Quality, HR, and Finance organizations to optimize overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Delivers process and manufacturing excellence
- Encourages process and design innovation, supply chain leverage, cost effectiveness and process robustness during development and manufacturing.
- Interfaces with internal business partners to understand their needs related to technology, product reviews, performance objectives, device features/functions, cost, delivery schedules and quantities.
- Establishes and maintains accountability for all business team performance metrics, in support of the Annual Operating Plan and Quality objectives.
- Responsible for setting employee objectives linked to the Annual Operating Plan, Quality initiatives and other key operational metrics.
- Responsible for on-time performance feedback to all employees tied to previously established objectives. Pursues organizational development strategies for enhanced goal alignment, cohesiveness, professional skills and organization flexibility.
- Develops and implements Business Team objectives utilizing Six-Sigma/Lean Techniques in support of continuous process improvement activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment free of any harassment, discrimination, and high on ethical/quality standards as established by Company policies & procedures.
- Complies with all the requirements in the operational procedures at the area of responsibility in order to meet the requirements of all applicable Quality System regulations
- Educational: Science, Engineering, Business Administration or related field
- Senior Director Level: 15+ Years with Bachelors or 10+ Years with Masters. 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in functional area or related field
- Exposure to engineering or manufacturing environment
- Fluency speaking and writing in English and Spanish
- Experience in medical device, pharmaceutical, or electronic industry