The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Process Development Officer - Tissue Culture
Job SummaryThe Process Development Officer—Tissue Culture primary responsibility will be to produce sufficient number of plantlets to fulfil client orders or for general use.
Education & Experience
- MSc in Horticulture, Biotechnology or related field.
- Proficiency in computer software applications including Microsoft Suite applications.
- Training in Project Management/Proposal Writing/Technical Reports
- Experience with plant tissue culture required.
- Technical knowledge of propagations materials, equipment and methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to train and work with team members.
- Experience in leading and managing people
- At least three (3) years relevant post qualification experience.
- Produce sufficient number of plantlets to fulfil client orders for general scale processes.
- High throughput plant multiplication of several agricultural and horticulture crops.
- Stay current on new developments in plant tissue culture.
- Investigate new crop opportunities for both tissue culture and shade house.
- Carries out field surveys and technical/environmental assessments.
- Prepares technical papers and/or articles for peer review journals.
- Provide technical leadership, assistance and consultation to co-workers, project teams, clients and other individuals/committees of the Scientific Research Council